Solid Steel Gen 1 AR-15 Easy Jig HD
Our new solid steel Gen 1 AR-15 Easy Jig HD™ (heavy-duty) takes the world's most popular universal-fit router jig to a whole new level of indestructibility. It weighs in at a whopping 9.5 lbs, making it the heaviest jig available today. All parts that come into contact with cutting tools are made out of solid steel.
The patented Gen 1 Easy Jig HD allows you to complete an 80% lower in about 1/3 the time it takes to complete a lower on an old style drill press jig. This jig is easy enough for a caveman to use. It definitely lives up to its name. You also save money on tools. You do not need to own a drill press, mill, or any measuring tools to use the Easy Jig®.
Our standard Gen 1 Easy Jig has survived drilling out up to one hundred lowers. The Gen 1 Easy Jig HD will last even longer. If you do not have a need to finish large quantities of lowers, our original Gen 1Easy Jig may be a more cost effective option. The original Easy Jig is available here and retails for $119.99.
Easy Jig® highlights:
- Universal Fit
- We guarantee that the Gen 1 AR-15 Easy Jig will fit all forged, and billet AR15 lower receivers except for New Frontier Armory, Iconic Industries, and lowers with Ambidextrous Bolt releases.
- Built in drill/end-mill depth gauge for the trigger and rear-shelf pockets.
- Eliminates the need for expensive measurement tools
- Quick verification of depth setting – eliminates slippage issues that can ruin parts
- Eliminates constant measuring to determine depth while milling
- End-mill downward force can’t separate the drill press taper chuck
- It is safer to move router by hand than to move the jig around on a drill press
Uses Common Hand Tools
- The Easy Jig will hold tight tolerances using a common hand-drill
- No drill press is required, milling is done with a router
- Routers are much more portable than a drill press, easily borrowed from a friend
- Routers are made for cutting pockets using a template
- Routers are cheaper than a drill press (about 75% less expensive).
- Pocket drilling requires 10 holes drilled once – Traditional jigs require 42 holes to be drilled once, precisely aligned and clamped, then re-drilled to a larger diameter
- Trigger pocket can be cut in 6 to 11 passes vs 25 passes required with a drill press
- Router cuts pockets 5-6x faster
- Hand-drilling the trigger group/safety selector holes is faster to setup
- Lower can be completed in under 1 hour (vs of 3 hours for the old drill press method)
- The Gen-1 Easy Jig HD is hands down the heaviest, most durable jig that you can buy today.
Lower Replacement Program: In the remote chance you make a mistake while using an 80% Arms Jig that damages your 80% Arms lower, we will replace your lower at a 50% discount off of the list price.
*Router and tool kit are NOT included.
Backordered 1-2 weeks.
Will ship free via expedited 2 day delivery service.
Free shipping on orders over $200!