Custom CA Compliant Serialized 80% Lowers
We now offer you the ability to order your 80% lower receiver with a custom ATF compliant serial number engraved into it. Our engraving fee is $29.99 per lower receiver, plus the regular cost of the 80% lower receiver.
Serial numbers are NOT required in any state that we know of, except for California. If you live in California, this product will keep your completed 80% lower legal as of July 1, 2018 when all CA Compliant 80% lowers must be serialized.* Do not wait until the last minute; we will be swamped with engraving work. A more detailed explanation of this new law can be found on our FAQ page. (This engraving service is not for registering "assault weapons". California "assault weapons" must be engraved with a serial number provided by the CA DOJ. Please see our "assault weapons" engraving services if you have a lower built prior to 01/01/17 that you plan to register as a California "assault weapon").
We use a powerful laser to precision engrave text to a depth greater than 0.003 inches as required by ATF's specification for serial number marking and California law. To meet ATF serial number requirements, the following information must appear:
- Serial Number: Enter your desired serial number in this box. We recommend using less than 12 characters of text. You can use letters, numbers, or combination of both. ATF requires serial numbers to be unique for each firearm you serialize. Every serial number engraving will start with S/N:
- Caliber: We will mark your receiver with “Cal: Multi” as shown in photos.
- Manufacturer’s Name: Enter the name of the person who will complete the lower. Maximum of 30 characters of text including spaces. We may have to split it into two lines of text if you exceed 14 characters. We highly recommend using your real full first and last name.
- Manufacturer’s City and State: Enter the city and state of residence for the person who will complete the lower. Use a 2 letter state abbreviation. Maximum 30 characters of text including spaces and commas. Anything exceeding 14 characters long may be split into two lines of text.
- Model Number: A model number is not required to be engraved except if you will be registering your rifle as an “assault weapon” with the CA DOJ. There are additional requirements for registering an assault weapon. California assault weapons must be engraved with a serial number provided by the CA DOJ. The assault weapon must have been built prior to 01/01/17. A model number must be engraved on the assault weapon in order for it to be registered as such. (Most people use “AR-15” or “AR-10” for the model number of the rifle they plan to register with the CA DOJ as an assault weapon.) If you are not registering your rifle as an assault weapon, you can make up your own serial number as long as you do so prior to 07/01/2018.
Please verify the information you supply to us is correct before submitting your order. Custom serialized 80% lower receivers are not returnable, and orders cannot be canceled once engraving has begun.
Please double check you do not have any typographical errors.
Our lifetime warranty will cover the receiver against any manufacturing defects. All CA Compliant 80% lowers will be engraved with Capital letters.
Our quantity discounts for 80% lowers also apply to custom engraved lowers. Buy any combination of 5 or more lowers and save $10 off each lower, or save $20 off each lower for any combination of 10 or more lowers.
* Whether your lower is legal and/or can remain unregistered in California depends on how the CA DOJ will interpret the law, and whether you use it to build a rifle that meets the California definition of an "assault weapon". We are not lawyers and cannot provide legal advice, or warrant that our common sense interpretation of California laws will match those of the CA DOJ. We suggest you either consult a lawyer to give you a professional legal opinion or read the relevant laws yourself and draw your own conclusions. The information on our site is only intended as informal helpful pointers and is not to be relied upon as legal advice. Ultimately, nobody except the CA DOJ can predict how they plan to interpret or enforce existing legislation.
State law prohibits shipping this item to NJ.
Made in USA