CMMG Complete 16" M4 Upper 5.56mm
Complete M4 Upper Features:
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO Chamber
- Barrel: 16" M4 Profile Barrel, WASP Treated 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel, 1:7" Twist
- Hand Guard: M4 Hand Guard
- Sights/Gas Block: "F" Marked Front Sight Base
- Bolt Group: M16 Bolt Carrier Group [INCLUDED]
- Made in USA
W.A.S.P. Treated Barrel
(Weapon Armament Surface Protection) is a salt bath ferritic nitrocarburizing surface conversion process or more commonly referred to as nitriding. The nitriding conversion is applied to the barrel inside and out, along with the front sight base on our LE rifles and uppers. Nitriding offers improved wear, abrasion, and corrosion resistance when compared to hard chrome lining or phosphating.
Unlike chrome lining, where the chrome is built up on the surface, nitriding converts the surface without the risk of dimensional build up. CMMG Pioneered the use of this nitriding process on AR barrels and has been using it for many years.