10 States Have Unilaterally Banned 80 Percents With More On The Way
Photo Source: 80 Percent Arms
In 2016, all Americans could own an 80% firearm. Fast forward to today, and 135 million Americans are prohibited from owning one. In just one month, that number will rise to 165 million. We are losing this fight. We are losing in the culture war.
We have seen some small wins for the Second Amendment starting back in November with the injunction that allowed us to keep supplying the country with 80% lowers. Having more states pass permitless carry laws is also nice. Despite these victories, the Left has been working tirelessly across the nation on state-level initiatives to advance gun control, bypassing federal regulations that have not been passed yet.
Groups such as Giffords are not only going after the Second Amendment, but these groups are also attacking your Sixth Amendment right to counsel by convincing graduating lawyers to refuse to be legal counsel for pro-2A cases. And you thought lobbying in Washington was bad. This strategy to attack the state level rather than going federally is reminiscent of how many states have legalized marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, despite its continued federal prohibition.
Ten states have already unilaterally banned 80% firearms, with more on the way. These states include New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., Maryland, Illinois, California, and Washington. There is no telling how many more states will join this list in restricting your rights. It's also important to realize that there are many more counties and cities that have passed bans on 80% products even if their state hadn't done so - further emphasizing how important knowing your local ordinances and laws are to you as a gun owning citizen.
The gun industry and its supporters must remain vigilant and proactive in addressing these state-level restrictions. By staying informed and engaged in legal and political battles, we can work together to protect our Second Amendment rights and prevent further erosion of our freedoms. The FPC just won a small fight for pistol braces and groups such as GOA and SAF are always in your corner for gun rights advocacy. Support them as our fight for gun rights is far from over.
Biden and the Left are out in the open screaming about gun confiscation, are you paying attention?
Photo Source: Mark Reinstein via Shutterstock
As we witness a growing trend of state-level restrictions on firearms and the Second Amendment, it's crucial to recognize those aren't isolated incidents. High profile politicians, including Biden and prominent figures on the Left, are openly advocating for gun control and even confiscation. This should serve as a wake up call to us all. Are you paying attention?
The push for gun control and confiscation is no longer a covert operation but has become an open and brazen campaign. Here are just a few examples from the past 2 weeks alone:
- In a recent White House press briefing, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre dodged a question about whether President Biden would support mass gun confiscation. Instead, she stated that Biden would be "happy" to sign legislation banning AR-15-style weapons.
- With crime and violent theft on the rise, San Francisco is proposing legislation that would prohibit retail security guards from simply unholstering a gun to protect property. This move further restricts the ability of security personnel to deter and respond to criminal activity.
- The ATF has been accused of substantial waste, mismanagement, and unlawful employment practices. This is no surprise to us but the fact that they can still operate at such a tyrannical level is scary. This raises concerns about the agency's ability to effectively regulate firearms while respecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama has openly criticized Americans' access to guns, stating that "unfettered access to firearms" is "not a good thing." She encouraged young people to vote for politicians who will push for stricter gun control measures.
- During a University Commencement Address Biden emphatically talked about how he had a commitment to “making America safer” by implementing even stricter gun control measures making it harder for any American to use their Second Amendment.
- Just the other week we shared in a previous newsletter on how an ATF agent and police officer we're going door to door to collect FRT triggers. What makes you think they're going to stop at triggers which they claim to be "machine guns"?
These examples serve as a stark reminder that our Second Amendment rights are under attack from several angles. It's more important now than ever before for gun owners and supporters to stay informed, engaged, and proactive in the fight to protect these fundamental rights. If you were not paying attention before, we hope you are now.
FPC Wins Injunction Against ATF’s Pistol Brace Ban for Plaintiffs, but not for you?
Photo Source: Free Range American
UPDATE: The Fifth Circuit of Appeals has granted FPC, all of its members and Maxim Defense an injunction against the ATF's 2021R-08F rule! If you aren't a member of FPC, you can become one very quickly for as little as $30.
Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) has recently won an injunction for the plaintiffs against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)'s new pistol brace rule. This win raises hope for millions of pistol brace owners who face the risk of becoming felons on June 1, 2023. However, the fight against the ATF's rule is still ongoing, and this is just the beginning.
The ATF's new rule, which was enacted on January 31, 2023, reclassifies firearms with a pistol brace as short-barreled rifles (SBRs), making them subject to registration under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934. If not complied with by June 1, 2023, gun owners could face 10 years in jail, a $10,000 fine, or both. The FPC, other organizations, and individual plaintiffs have stepped up to the plate and challenged the rule, stating that it violates the Administrative Procedures Act.
In a recent development, a Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (Dallas, TX) panel has granted an injunction for the plaintiffs, protecting the status quo until the appeals court can hear the case. This decision shows that the court believes the plaintiffs are likely to succeed in their case. While the injunction only applies to the plaintiff and isn't for Americans nationwide. It strengthens the case for other requests for injunctions and temporary restraining orders (TROs).
In Other 2A News:
- YouTubers demand congress defend gun owners
- More proof that Airguns should not be underestimated
- Armed Defense of Vatican highlights church hypocrisy
- $18k being put towards active shooter training scholarships to Iowa educators
ENJOY OUR NEWSLETTER?
Do you find it overwhelming, having to keep up with all the news surrounding guns and your right to own or build them? That’s what we’re here for. Obviously, we’re slightly biased but we do the digging and research across both sides of the aisle to bring you the most holistic and accurate information so that you don’t have to! Sign up for our newsletter to stay tuned and for regular updates if you haven’t already.
Have topics you would like to see us touch on, or any feedback for us? Make sure to leave a comment below! We want to make sure we are putting out news relevant to our customers, and what you want to hear! Knowledge is power, and the more informed we all are to what's going on with our rights, the more effectively we can fight back.